Non-Destructive Testing Trainer
Non-Destructive Testing Trainer
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Are you a knowledgeable Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) professional who is hungry to achieve more?
Have you been looking to take your career in an exciting and new direction?
If you want to learn, grow, and thrive while helping others to fulfil their potential, this is a great opportunity to develop a career to be proud of with a globally successful organisation.
We’re IMechE Argyll Ruane, an internationally renowned provider of ND, corrosion and coatings training and consultancy services.
Based in a multi-million-pound Engineering Training Centre, we provide an unrivalled learning environment with the latest equipment and facilities on offer.
We’re proud to be a part of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, an organisation that has been improving the world through engineering since 1847.
We are currently looking for an NDT professional to become one of our Non-Destructive Testing Trainers, joining us on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a Non-Destructive Testing Trainer, you’ll deliver high-quality training in the NDT disciplines you are qualified in.
To ensure your success, you’ll be coached and mentored by a member of the team. You will have the chance to train and gain new certifications and will be supported until you are ready to step in front of a classroom and share your expertise.
Once you are trained, you will:
- Deliver training
- Update and develop training courses
- Review and assess students’ work
- Invigilate examinations
- Liaise with NDT professionals to ensure the latest practices are brought into training
- Maintain accurate training records
To join us as a Non-Destructive Testing Trainer, you will need:
- PCN Level 2 WI, RT and VT and ideally (UT Welds)
- Extensive knowledge in your NDT subject area
- The confidence, creativity and enthusiasm to plan and deliver lessons
- Excellent teamworking and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Other organisations may call this role NDT Trainer, Technical Trainer, Trainer, Training Consultant, Trainer & Assessor, Assessor, Non-Destructive Testing Inspector, or NDT Assessor.
Why you should join us
- Take on an exciting key worker position where you can make an impact
- Competitive salary
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is a unique opportunity to take on a role offering security and plenty of challenge, as well as the chance to build on your NDT knowledge and gain your PCN Level 3 qualification.
Our people are what makes our organisation great, which is why we reward their efforts and achievements and are committed to making their working life a fulfilling and enjoyable one.
Here, you will be supported to pursue your professional ambitions while helping our course attendees to gain valuable skills.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Interviews will be held on an ad hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Webrecruit, IMechE Argyll Ruane and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re eager to alter your career path and become one of our Non-Destructive Testing Trainers, please select the apply button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.